Swiss Win Rail-Tunnel Crown From Japan (for Now at Least): ChartBy
Switzerland will once again lay claim to the world’s longest railway tunnel when the 57.1-kilometer (35.5 miles) Gotthard opens on Wednesday. The last time the Alpine nation achieved this was with the initial 15-kilometer railway connection through the Gotthard massif in 1882. Still, the glory will be short-lived: Austria’s 64-kilometer Brenner Base tunnel is set to open in 2026.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses