Hillary Clinton remains overwhelming favorite among Iowa Democrats though Bernie Sanders has quickly risen as Elizabeth Warren’s proxy for the anti-establishment alternative, according to Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register poll.
- Clinton is first choice of 57% of likely Democratic caucus-goers; Sanders first pick of 16%
- Clinton was at 56% in Jan., Sanders was at 5%
- “The reality is, this is a field where nobody has effectively stepped up to challenge Hillary Clinton, full stop,” says J. Ann Selzer, president of Selzer & Co., which conducted the poll
- Vice President Joe Biden backed by 8%, former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley and former Sen. Jim Webb at 2%
- NOTE: Survey of 437 likely caucus-goers conducted May 25-29; margin of error +/- 4.7 ppts
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE