- Risky Investments: Calculated Bet or Casino Gambling?1
- Australia left interest rates unchanged Tuesday after the local dollar recorded the biggest drop among major currencies last quarter.2
- Asian stocks rose for a fifth day, following gains in U.S. equities, amid speculation that global central bank policy will remain accommodative to counteract weak economic growth.3
- Bill Gross said U.S. equities have another 10 percent to fall.4
- Skyworks Solutions Inc., agreed to buy PMC-Sierra Inc. for $2 billion in cash, marking the second multibillion-dollar chip merger announced in the past month.7
- A Singapore banking group has embarked on a review of ethical lending practices as haze caused by forest fires in Indonesia envelops the city for a fifth week.8
- An index of the city’s casino operators surged more than 10 percent in two days.11
- The settlement is the largest in the department’s history.12
- The tentative agreement on trade negotiated by a dozen Pacific-rim nations will slightly pry open Japan’s famously closed rice market, amongst other things.14
- Airbus Group SE’s A380 faces a test of its true value as Singapore Airlines considers whether to return the world’s first superjumbo to its owner in 2017.15
- When Mahdi Yazdizadeh tried to import and sell a type of high-tech robot that stocks warehouses, he found himself running from one Tehran office to the next, having to answer a stream of questions to get the needed approvals.
- West Virginia may be the first U.S. state to sue Volkswagen AG for deceiving car buyers after the Environmental Protection Agency said last month that the company had installed software to hide that its diesel engines exceeded pollution standards.