- U.S. stock-index futures fell in early trading with the turmoil seen in August set to continue on the final day of the month.2
- The President is within three votes of protecting the pact in Congress.5
- The New Jersey governor would like the U.S. government to hire the overnight package delivery company to help track immigrants.6
- The combined earnings of China’s five biggest banks are projected to rise 2 percent this year, the least since at least 2004.7
- The invitation for an Oct. 22 visit to Washington came as part of a two-day trip to Pakistan by National Security Adviser Susan Rice.9
- Estimates for the size of the crowd range from 40,000 to 250,000.10
- EU governments are bickering over how to deal with Europe’s biggest migration crisis since World War II.12
- Nothing gold can stay.