Passive Investing and Bad Experiences
My back-to-work Tuesday morning train reads:
- How to Be Your Own Quant (Wall Street Journal)
- Passive investing is worse than … the misuse of antibiotics (Financial Times) but see The Worry About Indexing is Overblown (Fat Pitch)
- The New York Yankees. The New England Patriots. The UCLA Bruins. The Vanguard Group? (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- Switzerland has voted to phase out nuclear power and replace it with renewable energy (Quartz); see also Offshore wind won a German power auction without needing any subsidies (Think Progress)
- Why the Construction Industry May Be Robot-Proof (Strategy+Business)
- Bad Experiences (Collaborative Fund); see also Adaptation Devaluation: Why A U2 Concert Is Better Than A New Couch (Forbes)
- What Life is Really Like In Prison for White-Collar Criminals (Town & Country)
- Trump: The Presidency in Peril (New York Review of Books); see also I wrote "The Art of the Deal" with Trump. His self-sabotage is rooted in his past. (Washington Post)
- Graham: Calling climate change a "hoax" bad for GOP (The Hill)
- Tales of an Asteroid Hunter (Wall Street Journal); see also The Weirdest Star: An enigma, a quest and one very ennobling project (Bloomberg View)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview with Brian Greene, superstring theorist, who runs the Institute for Theoretical Physics at Columbia University, author of numerous books on cosmology, including "The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory."
Electric Vehicles Are Poised for Their "Model T" Moment
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org