Forecasts, Free Trade and the American Dream
Pretty wild week with lots of new all-time highs. Finish strong with our morning train reads:
- Mutual Fund Giant Vanguard Flexes Its Muscles (Fortune)
- A guide to making 2017 financial market forecasts. (Polemic’s Pains)
- Apple and Spotify are generating $7 billion a year in streaming music revenue (Recode)
- The Used Car Pile-Up (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- The most disruptive phase of globalization is just beginning (Quartz); see also What is the future of free trade? 5 facts about US trade policy (Brookings Institution)
- 6 Life Lessons from Warren Buffett (Barron’s)
- The American Dream, Quantified at Last (New York Times); see also The Cure for Costly Housing Is More Costly Housing (Bloomberg View)
- After Pearl Harbor, this mail plane had a new mission: Find the attackers (Washington Post)
- 86 pieces of journalism wisdom published in the month since the election (Poynter)
- Will This Article FULL OF PICS OF DONALD TRUMP AND BEAUTIFUL WOMEN Get Me Arrested? (Funny or Die)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business podcast with Michael Lewis, author of such classics as "Liar’s Poker," "Moneyball," "The Big Short," "Flash Boys" and the just-published book "The Undoing Project" (my review).
More U.S. factory workers saying 'I quit'
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com