Being a Russian Media Mogul Is Dangerous
Mikhail Prokhorov's wealth is estimated at $10.2 billion, but a tiny portion of his assets -- a media company with a market cap of just $32 million -- is putting the rest of his Russian business at risk. President Vladimir Putin is willing to tolerate relatively independent media companies, as long as they're small and don't get too close to subjects that are uncomfortable for him. Prokhorov owns a popular media operation that has been too unafraid to show its teeth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem