China Wants to Power the World
China’s State Grid Corporation, the world’s biggest power company, is on an impressive buying binge. As Bloomberg News reports, the company is “actively in bidding” for power assets in Australia, hoping to add them to a portfolio of Italian, Brazilian, and Filipino companies. The goal isn’t simply to invest, however. State Grid's Chairman Liu Zhenya has a plan that he believes will stall global warming, put millions of people to work and bring about world peace by 2050.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- Trump's Clinton Fixation Should Scare All Americans
- What to Ask When Decades-Old Harassment Surfaces
- Why Trump Doesn't Trust His Spies
- Don't Hold Your Breath on 'Reckoning' for Bill Clinton
- Trump Lost Sight of His Promising Asia Vision
- Tesla Keeps Scaring the Other Automakers