Obama's Turn to Pay Back the Gulf States
No matter how the White House describes it, President Barack Obama's meeting with King Salman of Saudi Arabia last week was about payback. The Saudis gave Obama what he wanted: a (tepid) endorsement of his nuclear pact with Iran. Now they and their Persian Gulf neighbors are looking for some concrete assurances that the deal won't imperil their safety.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange