Free Contraception Can't End the Abortion Debate
Ross Douthat, the resident social conservative of the New York Times opinion page, doesn't usually get angry. But in a blog post Wednesday, he unloaded on liberal columnists who suggest that defunding Planned Parenthood is going to cause more abortions by depriving women of access to birth control. Such columns, he argues, rest on the assumption, stated or not, that America's abortion rate is driven by a lack of that access -- and that if only we made birth control more widely and cheaply available, we could resolve America's rancorous abortion dispute by rendering the issue moot.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals