Reinvent the Export-Import Bank
The Export-Import Bank is probably dead. Yes, technically, it's only temporarily out of action because a handful of Republicans are preventing a floor vote on its reauthorization. But the Republican crusade against the government-run trade credit provider has demonstrated to U.S. exporters that they won't be able to rely on Ex-Im funding in the future. That means they won't budget Ex-Im funding into their plans, making the agency somewhat superfluous even if it does manage to survive. Once again, conservatives have managed to smash a U.S. government institution.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea