Recycling Industry Created Its Own Mess
The American recycling business is in the dumps. According to Dave Steiner, the CEO of Waste Management, America's largest recycling company, the industry is experiencing a "national crisis," with almost all of America's 2,000 high-tech recycling facilities -- including Steiner's own -- running in the red. Things are so dire that some recyclers are preparing to do the once-unthinkable: charge cities and their residents for accepting their recycling.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals