Why You Should Short Coal
In recent years, environmental activists have demanded that universities, foundations and other institutional investors divest their shares of coal, oil and gas companies. The institutional response has been tepid. Financial analysts point out that if these investors sold their holdings, other investors would simply obtain them at bargain prices, leaving the divesting institutions with less diversified stock portfolios.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- What Last Week Tells Us About Bitcoin
- What Jamie Dimon Got Wrong About Bitcoin and Tulips