Marriage Is a Right, Not an Obligation
Justice William O. Douglas, who wrote the most famous paean to marriage in Supreme Court history before Friday, loved marriage so much he did it four times. Justice Anthony Kennedy, who wrote the court's landmark opinion in Obergefell v. Hodges has been married to the same woman for more than 50 years -- he, too, seems profoundly committed to the institution’s importance.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- We Libertarians Were Really Wrong About School Vouchers
- Trump's Numbers Guy Isn't Great With Numbers
- Piketty's Inequality Theory Gets Dinged
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Trump's First Nine Months? 5 Out of 10
- The New Populism Isn't About Economics