Europe Stands Up to Saudi Arabia
Americans often criticize Europe for its weakness and lack of principle on foreign policy, from its alleged softness on terrorism and Russian aggression, to its over-reliance on multilateral diplomacy. There are, however, some high-profile cases in which European governments stand up for their values even to their countries' economic detriment. They've recently done just that in the matter of arms sales to Saudi Arabia.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Imaginary Taxes Can Have Real Consequences