So Why Did Apple Buy Beats?
After the Beats Music streaming service was ignored during Apple's major new product presentation earlier this month, it was only a matter of time before someone would report that Apple is about to axe it. TechCrunch did it yesterday. Despite Apple's rote and uninformative denial, it's clear four months after Apple's acquisition of Beats Electronics that the company didn't pay $3 billion just for a bunch of curated playlists and a nice-looking app.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- Republicans Are Barely Trying to Avoid a Shutdown