Nudging Taxpayers to Do the Right Thing
Most Americans comply with the tax laws, but every year many of our fellow citizens don't. The result is the "tax gap" -- the amount of revenue that the government loses because people are cheating. In one recent year, for example, the tax gap was $450 billion. That's a lot of money -- more than 10 times the budget of the State Department.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- The Three Scenarios That Should Guide Investors
- Black Monday and Long-Term Investors