Heartbleed's Password Heartbreak
Now that you've changed all your passwords (I did) in the wake of the discovery of a coding error in OpenSSL, the widely-used software for the secure transmission of data, it's time to think about why the "Heartbleed bug" made it into the code and sat there undetected for two years. The problem can be fixed with a wake-up call and a bit of money.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Brexit Talks Are Failing. Somebody Needs to Care.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President