Here Is Some Enriching Tax Data
Tax day is almost here, which makes this a good time to look at what the U.S. Treasury's daily tax data tell us about the state of the economy. When the private sector is doing well, the government ends up taking in more money, as it is now. During recessions, fewer people are earning incomes and collecting capital gains, so tax revenue falls.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve
- Goodbye and Good Riddance to the Islamic State