The Stages of Bubble Mania: Ritholtz Chart
My friend Josh Brown reminded us yesterday of this terrific chart from Jean-Paul Rodrigue, a professor in the department of global studies and geography Department at Hofstra University.
Of course, the key question is: Where are we on the chart? My view is that we're through the "Awareness" phase as many of the bears have already thrown in the towel (Jeremy Grantham is the latest one).
That puts us in the middle of the "Mania" phase. We've already been through "Media attention" so we must be somewhere around "Enthusiasm."
What's your best guess?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Republicans Protecting Trump? Actually, It's Worse
- Trump Is Not Nixon and North Korea Is Not China
- Billionaire Bezos and the Warehouse Workers
- Comey Seems Blind to the Truth About Lying
- The Blue Wave Is Receding? Not Really
- Germany Has a New Anti-Semitism Problem
- New Threat to the U.S.: the Axis of Autocracy