Republicans Discover Evidence of Jobs CrisisEzra Klein
Feb. 6 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. has been in a jobs emergency since at least 2008. The cause of the crisis -- too little demand -- isn’t mysterious, and neither are the solutions. We could invest in infrastructure to create construction jobs. We could give tax breaks to employers who hire new workers. We could restore the payroll tax cut to workers so they have more money to spend. We could help state and local governments hire back some of the employees they laid off during the recession. Macroeconomic Advisers, an economic consulting firm, found that the American Jobs Act, which contained many of these policies, would have created 2 million jobs.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- The Uncertain Future of Bitcoin Futures
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Uber Hacks and Bitcoin Futures