All Praise Ben Bernanke
If Ben Bernanke had known what was coming when he was offered the chairmanship of the Federal Reserve in 2005, he might have turned the job down. Most sane men would, and Bernanke is as sane as they come. The U.S. was lucky he was there when having an outstanding Fed chairman mattered so much. This was his last week in charge: He's mostly being applauded, by economists at least, and he richly deserves it.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Anti-Immigration Fervor Is Different This Time
- The Current Sex Panic Harks Back to the Era of Coddling Women
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- Why Austria's Anti-Immigrant Experiment Is Worth Watching
- Black Voters Lead a Democratic Surge
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner