Volkswagen and Labor Might Start a Revolution in DixieThomas Geoghegan
Jan. 23 (Bloomberg) -- As a union-side lawyer, I know many write off the labor movement as lost. But maybe globalization will save us. Consider how the United Auto Workers has come so close to organizing the Volkswagen AG plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The UAW may not win immediately, yet something earth-shaking has already happened: a U.S. union opting to push a German company to bring its own model over here.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Talking North Korea and Iran With Israel's Rocket Man
- Are Blockchain Diplomas the Real Deal?
- Crisis, What Crisis? Banks Pile Back Into China
- Think the U.S. Has a Facebook Problem? Look to Asia
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks