George Miller and the Ruling Class of 1974
George Miller of California, one of the most senior House Democrats, announced today that he's retiring at the end of this term. Miller is one of the last of the "Watergate babies," the historic class elected in 1974; only Henry Waxman remains from that class in the House, with Pat Leahy the sole survivor in the Senate. (Democratic Senators Max Baucus and Tom Harkin were both elected to the House in 1974, as well, but they've already announced their coming retirements.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- Talking North Korea and Iran With Israel's Rocket Man
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Why You Don't Know Anybody in the Military
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers