Marriage Makes You Rich and Stupid
Conservatives are fond of pointing out that if you wait to have kids until you get married, graduate from high school and work full time, you are vanishingly unlikely to be poor. Matthew Yglesias argues that this finding is less exciting than it sounds; it's basically a combination of arithmetic and the way that the federal poverty line is calculated:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- The Three Scenarios That Should Guide Investors
- The Liberal Media Is Beating Donald Trump