The Minimum Wage and McDonald's Welfare
Last month, we discussed McDonald's and Wal-Mart as America's biggest welfare queens. As it turns out, both giants are the beneficiaries of a surprising amount of federal aid: Their employees receive an inordinate amount of Medicaid, food stamps and other public assistance. This allows them to maintain very low wages, and keep profits relatively robust.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Is Helping To Make Elites Great Again
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- Palestinian President Shows the World Who He Really Is
- Sorry, Bitcoin Fans. Digital Currency Is Still a Dream.
- After Trump and Brexit, Italy Falls for Nostalgia
- New U.S. Tax Rules Are a Gift to Europe
- Larry Fink’s Warning to CEOs Rings Hollow