Left and Right Are Both Wrong About RegulationCass R. Sunstein
Dec. 3 (Bloomberg) -- In 1981, President Ronald Reagan instructed federal agencies that they could issue regulations only after demonstrating that their benefits justified their costs. With modest changes, Reagan’s successors, both Republican and Democratic, have continued to impose this requirement on agencies considering rules designed to protect clean air, food safety, workplace safety and much more.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- GOP Surrenders Cherished IRS Scandal at Last
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored