One-and-a-Half Cheers for Georgian Democracyby
Mikheil Saakashvili was hailed, wrongly, as a beacon of democracy when he became president of Georgia a decade ago. It is only now, after Sunday’s of a successor completed the country’s first peaceful transfer of power via the ballot box, that he deserves some of the praise.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- What a Middling Uber Rating Might Say About You
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death