The Secret to Ending Washington’s Standoffby
House Speaker John Boehner’s suggestion that he’s determined to avoid a federal debt default, and that he’ll pass a measure to that effect with Democratic votes, if necessary, gives both sides in the great Washington standoff a possible way out. To make it work, each will have to give a little as well as take a little. It won’t be elegant, but the prospect of lifting the threat of a ruinous default -- preferably, once and for all -- makes that a secondary consideration.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- China's Bike-Sharing Bust
- The Uncertain Future of Bitcoin Futures
- Cryptocurrencies Don't Belong in Central Banks
- The Stock Market Might Be Right, Sort Of
- Black Friday Psychology and the Death Knell of Excel