How to Low-Ball a $4.4 Trillion Pension Hole
Last week's report that Philadelphia borrowed $50 million to open its schools on time was another chapter in the tale of the city's industrial decline, middle-class flight, population loss and racial segregation. What was interesting, though, was this line in a New York Times article, reporting that the school district has a projected deficit of $304 million:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- The Numbers Show Silicon Valley Is Already Fading
- Trump Needs a Win? Infrastructure Should Be a 'Gimme'