How the NSA Is Hurting the Tech SectorStephen L. Carter
Aug. 16 (Bloomberg) -- So let’s see if we can find the thread that connects some recent news from the technology world. Microsoft Corp. has agreed to let users of its forthcoming XBox One game system disable the “always on” motion-sensing camera that was previously described as a fully integrated component that couldn’t be turned off. Two companies that offer high-encryption e-mail services, Lavabit and Silent Circle, have announced they will cease providing it. Foreign firms interested in cloud computing, widely viewed as tech’s next profit machine, are seriously considering Asian and European providers instead of U.S. ones.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve