Clarity Versus Flexibility at the Bank of Englandby
A month after taking charge at the Bank of England, Mark Carney has announced a decisive break with the old way of communicating the central bank’s intentions. The new way is “forward guidance,” pioneered by Carney at the Bank of Canada and subsequently adopted, with mixed success, by the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- Talking North Korea and Iran With Israel's Rocket Man
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Why You Don't Know Anybody in the Military
- Are Blockchain Diplomas the Real Deal?