Erdogan Shows Why Turkey Shouldn’t Give Him More Powerby
Protests against plans to replace an Istanbul park with a shopping mall have spread across Turkey, metastasizing into something far more politically significant. While the demonstrations aren’t the start of a Turkish Spring, they show why Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s design to turn his country into a presidential republic next year should be stopped.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Why Workers Are Losing to Capitalists
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Stronger Global Relations Require Business Leadership
- Trump Evangelizes for American Exceptionalism