Chinese Women Aren’t Taking Buffett’s Advice on Goldby
On Sunday afternoon, a microblogger in Beijing logged into Sina Weibo, China’s leading social media platform, to gossip about the “auntie” next door. It’s a broad term of respect for an older woman, and his followers understood precisely what he meant when he tweeted, “The auntie next door used all of her retirement savings to buy gold. When asked what she’d do if prices keep dropping, she replied that if everyone kept buying gold, the price wouldn’t drop...”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- China's Bike-Sharing Bust
- The Uncertain Future of Bitcoin Futures
- Cryptocurrencies Don't Belong in Central Banks
- The Stock Market Might Be Right, Sort Of
- Black Friday Psychology and the Death Knell of Excel