What’s So Bad About Grassley's Obamacare Amendment?
Ezra Klein and Brian Beutler are writing about today's latest mini-outrage: Some Congressional offices are looking for a workaround for the Grassley Amendment to the Affordable Care Act, which states that Congress can't offer its employees health plans that are not on the Obamacare insurance exchanges. Grassley devised the amendment as a "gotcha" during the debate over health reform. It was intended to demonstrate that congressional staff would want to avoid the exchanges; instead, Democrats surprised him by agreeing to make his proposal law.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- Talking North Korea and Iran With Israel's Rocket Man
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Why You Don't Know Anybody in the Military
- Are Blockchain Diplomas the Real Deal?