Why Capitalism Won’t Change North Korea’s Regimeby
To an outside observer, the behavior of the North Korean leadership often appears short-sighted and irrational. There seems to be a tested and easy way out of their predicament -- the path of Chinese-style economic reforms. While such gradual capitalist reforms might be good for the country, however, they would be far too dangerous for the current North Korean elite. As a consequence, they’re unlikely to be implemented anytime soon.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Why the Tax Bill's Errors Won't Be Fixed
- What's the Value of Bitcoin? Who Knows
- Bitcoin Is a Bit of a Miracle at Any Price
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Bitcoin Futures and Banky Thoughts
- Bitcoin Futures Aren't a Big Hit, and That's Good