Republican Tax Intransigence Relies on Warped FactsAlbert R. Hunt
Dec. 17 (Bloomberg) -- As many Republicans reject higher tax rates for wealthier Americans, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich urges them to continue to resist, claiming that the economic boom of the 1990s and the resulting budget surplus were due to his leadership in Congress and not President Bill Clinton’s early tax increases.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Don't Blame Robots for President Trump
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- Republicans Are Barely Trying to Avoid a Shutdown
- No, Senator Graham, America Is Not an Idea