Todd Akin and the Right's False Fact Machineby
Todd Akin is in trouble for making a claim that is both false and offensive: that a biological mechanism causes it to be extremely unlikely for a woman to get pregnant if she is raped. The implication is that a pregnant woman seeking an abortion on the grounds that she was raped is likely lying.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Four Points That Make 'Last Jedi' So Fascinating
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen