Todd Akin and the Right's False Fact Machineby
Todd Akin is in trouble for making a claim that is both false and offensive: that a biological mechanism causes it to be extremely unlikely for a woman to get pregnant if she is raped. The implication is that a pregnant woman seeking an abortion on the grounds that she was raped is likely lying.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Why Workers Are Losing to Capitalists
- What We Still Don't Know About Obama-Era 'Unmasking'
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan