Standard Chartered Fought the Lawsky and the Lawsky WonJonathan Weil
Aug. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Benjamin Lawsky, New York’s top state banking regulator, shook up the financial world by squeezing a record settlement out of Standard Chartered Plc over allegations that it laundered money for Iran. Let’s get this much straight about him, too: He’s no rogue cop. He’s a loyal soldier.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- The Uncertain Future of Bitcoin Futures
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- Putin's Patriotic Frenzy Is Turning on Him
- Score One for the Experts as Brexit Costs Grow