California Bankruptcies Shield Retirees, Not Bondholdersby
The recent war of words between the California Public Employees’ Retirement System and a Bermuda-based bond-insurance company called Assured Guaranty Ltd. has made it clear that California officials would rather stiff bondholders than trim even the most generous pension benefits promised to public-sector workers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- GOP Health-Care Bill Is Fair to All States