Understanding the Post Office's Benefits Messby
Yesterday, the United States Postal Service admitted that it will miss a legally required $5.5 billion payment toward pre-funding its promised health-care benefits for retirees. But is this even a cost the USPS should have to cover? The answer, unfortunately, is "sort of." Here's why -- and what we should do about it.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- China's Top Economic Risk? Education.
- Up Next: Cryptocurrency Goes to the Moon
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- China Looks to the Dumb Money for Its Financial Industry
- Bitcoin Has an Unusual Relationship With Volatility