From Rum to Cocaine, States Lose Long War on Smugglingby
The agents moved in to seize the illicit shipment, but the traffickers turned on them, shooting the senior officer and destroying his vehicle. With the local courts hopelessly compromised and corrupt, the outraged authorities wanted to extradite the perpetrators. But this only made them more defiant and violent, and they were never caught or prosecuted.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- Trump's Clinton Fixation Should Scare All Americans
- The Retail Apocalypse and the Jerry Jones Problem
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- What to Ask When Decades-Old Harassment Surfaces
- Tesla Keeps Scaring the Other Automakers