Textbook Cartoon Inflames India's Debate Over Casteby
A widely praised Indian political science textbook for high-school students became the object of controversy and -- regrettably, but unsurprisingly -- violence earlier this month after a member of Parliament claimed that it contained a cartoon offensive to BR Ambedkar, the Dalit (or low-caste) intellectual considered the architect of the Indian constitution, and to Dalits in general.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President
- Why Weinstein Held On For So Long and Fell So Fast