Hey, Germany: You Got a Bailout, Tooby
In the millions of words written about Europe’s debt crisis, Germany is typically cast as the responsible adult and Greece as the profligate child. Prudent Germany, the narrative goes, is loath to bail out freeloading Greece, which borrowed more than it could afford and now must suffer the consequences.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Imaginary Taxes Can Have Real Consequences