Queen Elizabeth, Venture Capitalist for Maraudersby
On Jan. 27, 1596, Sir Francis Drake died of dysentery aboard his ship off Portobelo, in what is now Panama. He was buried at sea in a lead coffin. It was a sad end to one of the great lives of the 16th century.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve
- Goodbye and Good Riddance to the Islamic State