Mining Company's PR Campaign Backfires in Indiaby
On a recent visit to Bhubaneswar, the capital of the large eastern state of Odisha, I found the airport plastered with advertisements and slogans expressing the nurturing, socially conscious side -- caring for the poor, growth with inclusive values, creating happiness -- of the many steel and aluminum companies that have major operations in one of India's poorest but most mineral-rich and business-friendly states.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Why Workers Are Losing to Capitalists
- Trump Evangelizes for American Exceptionalism
- Stronger Global Relations Require Business Leadership