Government Paranoia Leads to Jailing for Cartoon in Indiaby
States are granted the power to arrest or detain citizens. It follows that governments, which represent the state but are congregations of human actors, should exercise extreme self-restraint in depriving human beings of their liberty, and in particular never use the state's power to settle personal scores.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Yes, Trump's True Aim Is to Inflame Racial Tensions
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Puerto Rico's American Dream Is Dead
- Republicans, Start Over on Health Care
- The Right Way to Honor the American Flag