Regulators Should Move Faster to Make Shadow Banks Saferthe Editors
April 4 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. is busy exiting its taxpayer-funded bailouts, most recently reducing its stake in American International Group Inc. And AIG is considering increasing its mortgage book by purchasing the loans it insures, a move that could be profitable for AIG, but could also heighten the insurer’s risks -- and taxpayers’ too.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- What a Middling Uber Rating Might Say About You
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death