Financial Repression Back to Stay: Carmen M. Reinhartby
As they have before in the aftermath of financial crises or wars, governments and central banks are increasingly resorting to a form of “taxation” that helps liquidate the huge overhang of public and private debt and eases the burden of servicing that debt.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- What a Middling Uber Rating Might Say About You
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death