Political Expediency Beats Good Policy in Obama Tax Planby
Presidents often trade imperfect policy for political expediency, and the tax proposals in President Barack Obama’s fiscal 2013 budget are a good example. In stitching new bits and pieces to an already Frankenstein-like income-tax code, the budget is a showcase for muddled aims producing bad policy, especially when it comes to taxing investment income.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.
- When Trump's Electoral Magic Fades
- Trump Plays Reagan's Game on Tariffs and Taxes
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal