Days of Easy Money Are Over for Fund Managers: Alice SchroederAlice Schroeder
Jan. 19 (Bloomberg) -- As a profit-making endeavor, managing other people’s money is hard to beat. The business requires very little invested capital. There are no worries about getting paid in full when the bill comes due, since fund managers control their customers’ money. And lackluster performance is no bar to hefty profits because fees, based on the dollar value of assets under management, are paid even when returns are abysmal.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake